Ms Divel and Mrs Daji
Welcome to Birch 3KD!
We hope that you find our web page useful and enjoy reading about all the wonderful things we are learning.
Some important information you need to know:
- Indoor PE kit - black shorts, white t-shirt, pumps. We have PE every Tuesday. We also are on a rotation of classes, so the children can have P.E. on Wednesdays as well.
- Outdoor PE kit - jogging bottoms, white t-shirt, jumper, trainers.
- Reading should be done at home at least 3 times each week and recorded in reading logs. It is very important that your child is reading every day! We visit the school library every Thursday. Your child can also bring this book home to read.
- Spellings: Spellings should be practised as often as possible! You can also access the words at the bottom of this webpage. We have a spelling test every Friday on the words sent home.
- TTRockstars: These activities are a brilliant way of improving the children's times table proficiency as well as having loads of fun! We have a special board in our classroom to record the children's achievements! Please encourage your child to practice times tables as often as possible. https://ttrockstars.com/
Weekly Learning: Week beginning 16/3/20
Maths: We are finding the perimeter of shapes. Our chant to remember perimeter is "Perimeter is the distance round a shape."
English: This week, we are writing a formal letter to author Anthony Browne. We've focussed on the features of letters including address, date, greeting, opening statement, main body, closing statement and signature.
Science: Our topic is Plants and Their Functions.
Spellings: Unit 10 Spelling words were given on Friday. The children will be tested on these words on Friday.