Welcome to Birch 3KD!
In Birch 3KD we try our best to look out for and support each other both in and out of class. We hope that you find our web page useful and enjoy reading about all the wonderful things we are learning.
Some important bits you need to know:
- Indoor PE kit - black shorts, white t-shirt, pumps. We have Indoor PE every Tuesday.
- Outdoor PE kit - jogging bottoms, white t-shirt, jumper, trainers.
- Homework is sent home each Friday, and due back in by the following Wednesday.
- Reading should be done at home at least 3 times each week and recorded in reading logs.
- Spellings should be practiced as often as possible!
- Please try as much as possible to access TTRockstars. It is a brilliant way of improving the children's times table proficiency as well as having loads of fun! https://ttrockstars.com/
The easiest way to ensure we can all take part in P.E is to make sure that kit is brought in on a Monday and taken home every Friday.
Weekly Learning: Week beginning 09/09/19
Cannon Hall Trip - We will visit Cannon Hall on Wednesday.
Maths - In maths this week we are working on the place value of hundreds, tens and ones. We have represented numbers using base tens and writing addition number sentences. We will now move on to writing more addition number sentences and focus on reasoning.
English - This week, we will continue focusing on presenting our work neatly and accurately with capitalizing proper nouns and using full stops. We will independently write a recount of our school trip to Cannon Hall Farm.
Art - We have learned about Piet Mondrian. He is a Dutch artist who created abstract art using lines and primary colours. We will make an abstract art piece inspired by Piet Mondrian.