Ms Divel and Mrs Daji
Welcome to Birch 3KD!
We hope that you find our web page useful and enjoy reading about all the wonderful things we are learning.
Some important information you need to know:
- Indoor PE kit - black shorts, white t-shirt, pumps. We have PE every Tuesday. We also are on a rotation of classes, so the children can have P.E. on Wednesdays as well.
- Outdoor PE kit - jogging bottoms, white t-shirt, jumper, trainers.
- Reading should be done at home at least 3 times each week and recorded in reading logs. It is very important that your child is reading every day! We visit the school library every Thursday. Your child can also bring this book home to read.
- Spellings: Spellings should be practised as often as possible! You can also access the words at the bottom of this webpage. We have a spelling test every Friday on the words sent home.
- TTRockstars: These activities are a brilliant way of improving the children's times table proficiency as well as having loads of fun! We have a special board in our classroom to record the children's achievements! Please encourage your child to practice times tables as often as possible. https://ttrockstars.com/
Weekly Learning: Week beginning 27/1/20
A text was sent out to all Year 3 parents to please remind the children to read 3 times a week and return their books and reading log by every Friday. When the book bags are given to Mrs. Daji, she changes each child's book so he/she has a new one to read. Thank you very much for your support.
Maths: We have begun our next maths unit on Money. So far, we have reviewed the coins and their amounts. Because we know that 100 pence = £1, we are working on converting pence to pounds and pounds to pence.
English: We are looking at how suspense is used in films and books, and writing our own suspenseful paragraphs.
Science: We are exploring rocks and soils. When out and about, ask your child to spot rocks that are natural and rocks that are manmade.
P.E.: The children have been working hard on their throwing skills through partner, small group, and whole class games.
Spellings: On Friday, Part 1 of the Y.3.6 list was given out. Please practice these words at home.