Ms Divel and Mrs Daji
Welcome to Birch 3KD!
We hope that you find our web page useful and enjoy reading about all the wonderful things we are learning.
Some important information you need to know:
- Indoor PE kit - black shorts, white t-shirt, pumps. We have PE every Tuesday. We also are on a rotation of classes, so the children can have P.E. on Wednesdays as well.
- Outdoor PE kit - jogging bottoms, white t-shirt, jumper, trainers.
- Reading should be done at home at least 3 times each week and recorded in reading logs. It is very important that your child is reading every day! We visit the school library every Thursday. Your child can also bring this book home to read.
- Spellings: Spellings should be practised as often as possible! You can also access the words at the bottom of this webpage. We have a spelling test every Friday on the words sent home.
- TTRockstars: These activities are a brilliant way of improving the children's times table proficiency as well as having loads of fun! We have a special board in our classroom to record the children's achievements! Please encourage your child to practice times tables as often as possible. https://ttrockstars.com/
Weekly Learning: Week beginning 12/11/19
On Wednesday our class has Pedestrian Training!
Maths: In maths this week we are finishing up our work on subtraction. We are using column subtraction to subtract 3 digit numbers with borrowing.
English: We are continuing our work on writing instructions. You can look at instructions such as recipes with your child at home!
Geography and History: We are learning about the local area of Dewsbury. The children enjoyed our beautiful walk where we saw and learned about the railroad, river and canal system. On Friday, we sent home a map of the area surrounding our school and asked the children to draw the path they take from school to home.
P.E.: The children have been working hard on their throwing skills through partner, small group, and whole class games.
Spellings: Practise the Part 2 list for the Orange words Y3.3. I forgot to send the words home on Friday, but will send them home on Monday!
R.E.: We have been learning about the religion of Judaism.